NORTH EAST REGION AGRI EXPO
The Northeast Agri Expo situated in 4th Mile Dimapuer was first launched in the year of 2006 with the theme ‘Year of Farmers’. The Government of India has declared this venue as a Permanent venue for conducting biennial North East Region Agri Expo.
Subsequently, the Agriculture Department as Nodal Department has organized various programme/exhibitions as below:
1. 2006 NER Agri Expo under the Theme: ”Emerging Horizons in Agribusiness” (1st Edition)
2. 2007 – Rice Festival with the Theme: ‘Back to the land’
3. 2010 NER Agri Expo (2nd edition ) with the Theme: ‘Prosperity through Agriculture’
4. 2012 NER Agri Expo (3rd edition) with the Theme: ‘Progressive in Agriculture’
The infrastructure created in the Expo complex is used by the Government/NGO’s and all communities of the State with a nominal fee whereby the complex is creating income generating avenues.
ACTIVITIES TAKEN DURING 2016-17
1. Renovation of security fencing damaged during heavy rain.
2. Establishment of Oil Palm nursery
3. Plantation of Oil Palm around N.E. Agri Expo Administrative Building